Krampus Kostume Ride & White Elephant
12:00-12:30 pm - Rally Time @ Avogadro’s Number
12:30-1:30 pm - Krampus Kostume Ride
2-3:30 pm - White Elephant Exchange hosted by comedian Kyle Pouge @ Avogadro’s Number
Need a break from the same old holiday ho hum but still sort of want to feel festive? Like having people give you gifts that you would never have even considered? Do you love the feeling of the fresh Fort Collins air as it blows through your fur and cloven toes? Have we got the event for you! Krampus, the horned, anthropomorphic pegan figure of Central and Eastern Alpine folklore who, during the Christmas season, scares and sometimes eats small children who have misbehaved is inviting you to dress up in his likeness (or anything festive really) and ride bikes with other questionable characters. Following an hour-long slow-ride around Old Town, we’ll end back at Avogadro’s number for a social hour, meal if you want, and a white elephant gift exchange MC-ed by local comedian Kyle Pouge (he’s very funny)!
Rules of the White Elephant
1. Each player brings one wrapped gift to contribute to a common pool.
2. Players will draw numbers to determine what order they will go in.
3. Players will sit where they can see the gift pile.
4. The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it in front of all the other players.
5. The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
6. After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap their gift for any other opened gift. Anyone whose gift is stolen may steal from someone else. When someone declines to steal a gift, the game comes to an end.
$0 is to be spent on the gift or the wrapping. Handmade items and/or regifting of unwanted items is encouraged…the more creative, the better!
As this is a PG-13 rated event, please be mindful that a teen may be the recipient of your gift.
Limits on gift swapping: A present can only be stolen twice. Once a gift is with the third owner, it cannot be stolen again. Ex: gift is open - it is then stolen - it is stolen again - now it can no longer be stolen.
Big thank you for making this event possible!
Please help support them with your love where appropriate.
Tandem Real Estate
Obey Traffic laws; one rider in the group could jeopardize the entire ride.
Law: Riders may take the full right lane but NOT the left.
Law: Riders must have at minimum a front light, rear light, and reflector or light on mid section of bike when riding at night.
Law: No drinking while riding or open containers.
We will ride no more than 6 miles at a slow pace on trails and roads. If it is dark you need lights, and there will be cars.
Lights, fabulous outfits and kind, respectful, fun & safe attitudes REQUIRED!!!
Rep well. We are here to represent the best of Fort Collins. Have fun but if you are clearly inebriated or out of control you will be asked to hang back. We love this place and want to inspire others to express their best selves.
All Wheels Welcome! (skates, unicycles, hoverboards, skateboards… just no petrol).
Be self reliant. You are responsible for your actions and safety. Obey traffic laws, bring safety and repair gear. These are NOT zero-drop rides.
By attending this event you are assuming all responsibility for yourself. This is a community organized event and unaffiliated with any outside entities of any kind.
Have yourself a scary little Krampus!